The Scottish National Homebrew Competition is back for 2024!
The competition website is live here;
Account registration is now open. Entries can be registered from 4th September 2023 until 31st December 2023.
The competition will take place on the weekend of the 25th – 27th January 2024. The shipping window will be open from 15th – 20th January.
There are 300 entries available, initially limited to 2 per entrant. The first entry costs £10 with the second reduced to £5. Paid up members of Scottish Craft Brewers will be refunded for their second entry.
The People’s Choice
We will once again be running our People’s Choice Competition at our awards ceremony. This is a separate, free to enter Competition that is judged by the attendees at the awards ceremony.
- A single BJCP subcategory has been chosen by members of the Scottish Craft Brewers Facebook group; this year the category is 14B Scottish Heavy.
- Entrants should provide 2no. 500ml or 3no. 330ml bottles or cans of a beer in the chosen subcategory.
- You do not need to register on the main competition website for the People’s Choice, just bring your entry along on the day or deliver it with your main entries. Entries will be anonymised by the organisers prior to judging.
- Entries will be judged by attendees at the awards ceremony only. They will be provided with BJCP guidelines and asked to judged to style. We will be able to provide average scores, but cannot guarantee written feedback.
- The chosen subcategory (and the same beer) can also be entered into the main competition if desired.